Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!



This is a picture of my beautiful mother when she was 22 years old. My mom is an amazing person who to this day is hard working and full of fun. She raised four children, had a long career as a registered nurse and continues to be a volunteer with several organizations as well as an active church member. My mom is a talented decorator with an incredible sense of color and style and has always kept a beautiful home.....She is a great cook and loves to entertain....I have always felt loved and supported by her and admire her faith and courage. I do not know what I would do with out my mom....



These flox I picked from my mother in law's garden this afternoon. The vase I purchased from the annual sale at the school across the street this morning.....Sorry you missed it mom......50 cents!



Here is a photograph of my lovely mother in-law when she was a young mother.....My husband and I have lived next door to her and my father in-law all our married lives.....She too is a lot of fun.... Mom was a school teacher for many years and is a quilter and an artist. I could not have asked for a better mother in-law. My Mom and my Mom in-law are close friends.....and they were friends even before my husband and I were married...(that's a story for another time).



These grape hyacinths are from my mother in law's garden....







This picture was taken in March at the Webster Flea Market in Florida......both my Mom and Mom in-law came with me that day...... My Mom is 81 years young and my mother in-law is 87! Aren't they adorable? They were such troopers as I was determined to search every aisle .... we had a lot of fun together as we always do.



These double french lilacs were my mothers and when she moved to Florida we transplanted them to my mother in-law's back yard. Beautiful blossoms this year!







Mom's dogwoods in our yard .....finally a day without rain!
Not many people are blessed with both a mother and a mother in-law as special as mine!



Happy Mother's Day dear Moms , I hope you have fun together today!
And Happy Mother's day to all the mothers and friends that may read this post!

30 comments:

jade said...

What a wonderful story - you must be very, very happy with your "two moms"!!! That sounds so loveley!!! And i loooove your photos.......all the flowers look so romantic!!!

Wish you and your family a great Motherdays-Sunday, Hugs Jade

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Hi Laura,
Such nice photos. I especially like the one of the three of you together at the flea market, all having such a good time. How wonderful you have such positive ladies in your life! Enjoy your Mother's Day.
~Tracie

Anything Goes Here said...

Happy Mother's Day, Laura! xo Joan

*The Beautiful Life* said...

What a great post!!! Thank you for sharing this! How nice to get to "meet" the two beautiful mothers in your life!!

Enjoy your day!!

Ruth

Suzann said...

Awesome post.
Happy Mother's Day to YOU.

Crinoline said...

Hello,Laura. A wonderful story and beautiful photos.Thank you for sharing this with us.

Lisa said...

How nice to have both moms! I love your blog. I saw a post you left and loved your bunny so I had to visit! I'm so glad I did!
Happy Mother's Day!
Hugs, Lisa

EMBELLISH said...

I think it's ture that behind every creative women there is a mother from whom she found inspiration. Looks like in your case that it's true. You are blessed!

Chubby Chieque said...

Wanna leave my footprints as I stumbled in here while loittering around the world of net §:-)

What an awesome, mums u've got. Yeah! ur right! Not many are blessed w/ both mums. Myself? mum is out of reach while mum-in-law is heaven when she's only 52. Mum is 86 yrs old on June.

Have a great Mother's Day!

mimi charmante said...

Your vase collection is fabulous but I truly love the photo of you and your moms!
xo

cheryl kuhn said...

A super Happy Mother's Day to you!! How lucky you are to have both mothers in your life, it is truly a wonderful blessing. And of course such beautiful pictures, I am oohing and aahing over the little pin vase, stunning!!

smiles,Cheryl

Corine(THUIS) said...

You and your two mothers.. What a pleasure is on the photograph.. Fantastic at their ages!! I hope I'll be such a healthy mom if I am 80 years old! Greetings from holland on "moederdag", Corine(THUIS)

Maison Beldecor said...

Hello Laura,
its amazing to have two mum's, you have to be verry lucky... your flower-pichtures are really beautiful.
Have a great day
Bine

Floss said...

What a beautiful post with such inspiring photos! Happy Mothers day to all those who are celebrating today - in France we have a few weeks to go! My giveaway is running now, so do come over and enter...

Les Cotrions said...

What a wonderful family you have Laura! Wonderful mother and mother in law! You're a lucky girl my friend! Stunning flowers! I love Lilacs so much! I hope you had a nice day!
A sunny week for you!
Hugs
Vale

Jil Nelson said...

Hi Laura, Carole told me about 52 Flea. This is my first visit, but certainly not my last. Your photography is wonderful and I like your style.

best,

Jil

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

WoW....your so lucky to still have your Mom, today is always bitter sweet for me,hope your day has been wonderful, talk to you through the week!! Chrissy

Claire said...

Hi Laura! Your blog is beautiful and I hope your Mother's Day is wonderful as well. :)

Carole said...

What a nice tribute to your mom and mother in law. You really are lucky to have such a close family... making Mother's Day and any holiday that much more special. Love the picture of the 3 of you. The garden shots are beautiful with all the mature planting...it gives it a sense of history...which is priceless.
Hope you had a great day and got a little pampered.
Talk soon,
Carole

Tiffany said...

What a beautiful post about these two lovely ladies in your life. I just did a similar post about Mother's Day. I found my way here through Tracie @ My Petite Maison. You have a charming blog and she's right you do share a similar style. I hope you will drop by for a visit. You are welcome any time. ~Blessings!

Michelle said...

Another wonderful post, hope you're enjoying Mother's Day also! I attended Webster in February and will again next month. Absolutely love that place, your moms must have been real troopers to accomplish every aisle. (The best part of getting stuck going to Disney World is Webster!)Have an awesome week! ~ The Sweet Gardenia

Anonymous said...

What lovely mothers to have in your life! And what beautiful flowers! Gorgeous! Happy Mother's Day!

Allidink said...

Aw..how nice for you! It makes me happy that you get along so well with your mother in law :) I don't know many who do! LOL. I hope you had a great Mother's Day with your family.

All the best,
Allison

Weißer Vintagezauber said...

Hello,
it is so fun your mother and a mother in law.Both women are still rather fit for her old.I find first-class!!! I love your pictures and you have a great blog.
Many greetings,
see you soon ,
Elke.

me, myself, I said...

What a lovely story - you're very lucky to have "two moms"..!
Your photos are delightful
Hope you all had a wondeful Mother's day ^_^

LIVS LYST said...

Hello my friend in America! ;O)

So nice to see your familiy on this pictures! They do look very lovely! They also look very nice. That`s why you ended up that nice too!!! You have been so kind with your words to me and I do appriciate it so much!

(And thank you for beliving in me and my friend ;O) !!!!!!

maryboys said...

may i please have a copy of all your photos and your life?!? lol. i so love all the things you post here...i almost drool when i see each new post;)

Fruitful Harvest said...

Hi there~
I wanted to tell you...I was watching the movie Notting Hill yesterday and when they showed the London Farmers Market there is a booth #52....and a bus # on the movie is 52! I thought of you! I then thought I wonder if that is how your blog got its name?

How did you come up with your blog name?

Blessings,
Georgiann

Lori said...

I love those vases a really great find. What is the story behind those beautiful cameo's that are pictured here.
lorilee32@yahoo.com

marysworkshop said...

What a sweet photo of yourself with your mom and mother-in-law at the flea market! Those are precious times spent with your family, and how nice to have a photo keepsake of that day.
Your flower photos are just beautiful, too!