Monday, August 10, 2009

Brown Boots and Quilt



Even though the temperature today reached 92 degrees ...there is a hint of autumn in the air.....maybe it's the return of school supplies in the aisles of the stores....maybe it's the hyper activity of the red squirrels fighting over the acorns in the yard...or the grapes darkening on the vines...









But it is coming....only a few more weeks of summer left...
...Some of the beautiful and warm fabrics that make up an old family quilt at the lake house...



Sweater weather....it's my favorite time...
As the children begin to think about returning to school.....



...I am thinking about and looking forward to later on in the week and attending the flea markets and antique show at Madison Bouckville with good friends Paula, Carole and Deanna. We will be looking for treasures...diamonds in the rough...
...and for the lucky winner of my 2ooth Post Give-Back ....a special treasure picked out just for her...reflecting her very own collecting passions!

It has been fun to read all your comments and to see what you like to collect.....pretty much the same things I love to forage for....so this "personal shopper" is sure to have a good time looking for my winner's treasure! I wish I could bring something back for all of you...but perhaps some photographs of our adventure will have to suffice! I do want to thank you all for being so kind and supportive....your encouragement and generosity has surprised and delighted me and it is my intent to "pay it forward"...

If you have not left a comment yet...please do so HERE as that is the only requirement to be entered in my Give-Back contest....there is still time...I will be drawing the winner's name on Wednesday which should give me enough time to contact that lucky person and get more details on what she collects or desires and what I should shop for!

In the meantime....Carole will also be shopping this weekend for her quickly approaching 100th Post Give-Away! Be sure to check it out!

21 comments:

DeeDee said...

I love your blog and I left you something on my blog...

www.deedeescraftspot.blogspot.com

BellaRosa said...

Laura, what beautiful pictures, I feel about Autumn the same as you, I love the colors and have even figured out how to leave the colors out thru the rest of the seasons... I just do :) I hope you don't mind but I used one of your pictures on my blog to post about your Give Back. Your photography is just beautiful. Please let me know if this is a problem. Again Congtatulations on your 200th post. You have inspired me, I just might do a Give Back for my 25th post, at the rate I am going I might make it there by Christmas :) One more thing, please let me know when and if you do your Store. I would love to see what beauties you list. Especially those wax seals from your earlier posts you found on one of your treasure hunts. If you have doubles of any, I would still love to buy one. I think I linked it back to your blog correctly, I am still new at this. Take care...Rose

Fluitenkruid said...

Love the boots!

Magdalena said...

Dear Laura, those shoes reminds me of "Ann from Greenhill", one of my favorits books when I was a little girl...so lovely...so many memories...
Wish you beautiful day,hugs
Magdalena/ Color Sepia

Mitt hvite hus said...

Wonderful picture of a beautiful quilt... love sthis coulor in autumn...
And the boots så nice...
Wish you a lovely day...
Hugs Kerstin

Marigold Jam said...

Lovely photos as always and like you I love the beginning of autumn with all its connotations of new beginnings. Have a great time at the flea market.

Bonjade said...

These boots are made for walking.......
Nice day

Corine(THUIS) said...

Lovely photos but I hope the autumn can wait for a while.. I love summertime!! Greetings, Corine(THUIS)

The Green Pea said...

Cute brown boots, and hurry up Fall. I love sweater weather too. Sandi

Julie@beingRUBY said...

Love your boots!!
I'm actually waiting for spring here! Funny how your tire of whatever season you are in. Hope you and Carole and the other girls have a Fabulous time at the fleamarket and lakehouse. As I said to Carole.. Envy here!! haha

Thanks for you lovely comments on Jennifer's art. I'm sure she will be pleased!! x Julie

Unknown said...

Just to let you know that I added you to my blog.I really enjoy your blog and so inspired by all of the thingd you share.Fun Finds 2 U... Chickie from chickievintagechic.blogspot.com

Faded Plains said...

Fall is one of my favorite times of year too...love sitting on the porch wrapped up in an old quilt with a warm cup of coffee...ahhhhh.

Kelly said...

I, too love Autumn. The colors are so warm and beautiful.
Your website is so gorgeous! Great photography. I will be peeking in often.
Kelly

Julie Marie said...

Beautiful post, autumn is my very favorite time of year too, we call it "sweater weather" or "sweatshirt weather" as well... love the boots, and I also love squirrels, they are so much fun to watch, especially in the fall...

Jacqueline @ HOME said...

I love the brown boots as I have a pair myself and when I wear them I feel as if I've stepped out of a Victorian novel. You girls seem to have such fun on your weekend jaunts.....I wish that I lived around the corner as I would love to join you all....there I go, inviting myself....lucky for you that I live in England!!!! Have a great weekend. XXXX

Deb said...

Love the brown boots & colours in your quilt. Autumn is my favourite season :-)

Lisa said...

Oh I guess I wasn't very specific about my collecting. Oh well if I win I think you will pick something GREAT for me. I love kitchen vintage and retro!! hint hint!
Thanks again for having a great give back!
Hugs, Lisa

demainca said...

Sweet Pea sent me over here and what a fantastic blog you have! Fall is the most beautiful season of the year. I helped my daughter and son-in-law move back to Texas from S.C. and the drive was like someone threw paint all over the trees on the hill and mountains!! Crisp air I close my eyes and I am there again!!

susan said so said...

I'm with you all the way on sweater weather, and on seeing signs of fall even when it's 92 degrees outside!

xox,
Susan

http://confessionsofasineater.blogspot.com/

Debbies-English-Treasures said...

SO MUCH PRETTINESS HERE...
THAT I DON`T WANT TO LEAVE! LOL
FIRST TIME VISITING YOUR WONDERFUL BLOG, AND I`M ALREADY LOOKING FORWARD TO COME FOR A VISIT AGAIN...
DEBBIE MOSS
(ENGLAND)

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

Laura!!! I just left Caroles....you lucky buggers you,a whole weekend of shopping and treasure hunting!!! Have a great time,can not wait to see what you find,all the best Chrissy